Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our 17th Anniversary on Valentine's Day!

Steven and I have managed to survive 17 years together! It has sure gone fast. It seems like just yesterday we were getting married. Now here we are living in another state with 5 beautiful children! It also happens to be my Daddy's birthday and my Grandpa Lawlor's too! Happy Birthday Dad & Grandpa!
Steven made breakfast for all of us. When I came into the kitchen there were 2 dozen pink roses with a card. I was thrilled. We had girls basketball games at 11am and noon.. so it was a busy morning. When we got home I opened the Garage door and there was another vase of 2 more dozen roses. Nothing like the aroma of two bouquets of roses to make the house smell so good!

I made 2 large heart cookies for us to all enjoy! A change from the usual cake decorating.


We ended the evening with a night out for just the 2 of us. We had dinner at Claim Jumper. It was of course delicious... check out the size of their brownie sundae... HUGE! We brought most of it home for the kids. Thanks Steven for the best 17 years.. and I am looking forward to 17 more plus an Eternity!




5 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Anniversary!! We will celebrate our 13th on Tuesday... so crazy! What a nice husband you have, 4 dozen roses?? Wow.

Rachelle Palmer said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe you have been married that long! u make me feel so old! lol

Gary & Sharlene Merrill said...

We wish we could be there...thank you for all the love you seen our way.

Mom and Dad

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Happy Happy Anniversary! I can't believe that almost 17 years ago is when we worked together. Wow time flies. Doesn't it just seem like the other day?
You two still look like you did 17 years ago minus Steve's facial hair. Brian's got that facial hair too, funny guys!

I also can't believe Sierra has her driver's permit. That's not all that far off for Blake but still a year and half. Thank goodness. I still need some time to get used to the idea of my baby driving. I'm having a hard enough time at the thoughts of him going to high school next year (in Gilbert they start high school in the 9th grade).

Well tell Steve that I think he's a stud, 4 dozen roses-whew whee. He's a stud!!!

Love ya, JoLynn

~Merrill ~Millennial Preschool said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful couple and a neat family!!! I love the flowers, so sweet!