Sunday, February 8, 2009

Basketball Games!

This year Maddy and Sydnee are on the same team. They combined 4th and 5th grade girls. It really makes it nice for us! The girls have had 3 games so far and have easily won all of them. They seem to have a good group of girls. Sydnee is amazing at defense and rebounds. Maddy is speedy and has the touch. She can handle the ball really well and is great at the quick steal and break down the court for the easy basket! She has scored an average of 16 points per game!
Now Presley... long story short... I ended up being her coach! I love it! I have 10 kids in kindergarten and first grade. We ended up with purple t-shirts so the kids decided on the team name of "The Grape Apes" we have had 2 games so far and they are so comical! We do not have referees at this age.. us coaches are out on the court and we try to keep the kids going the right direction while teaching the basic skills of the game! If you have never watched a game at this level.. I highly recommend it.. it is the best! By the way.. Presley has amazing ball handling skills too... she dribbles very well and has a good shot! We don't keep score at the games but I tell my kids they won... they love to hear that!


2 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I love basketball. That really is my favorite sport to watch. I think it's because it's fast moving so I don't get bored. Basketball games are also inside so I don't get to cold or to hot. I know I'm such a whimpy girl! That is so fun that your girls are playing ball and I think you being the coach is just awesome! I love seeing those younger kids play ball they are a lot of fun!


Congrats to Maddy on shaving her legs. I remember getting to shave mine! Oh what memories! It's sad these kids have to grow up so fast!

Take Care,
JoLynn

Rachelle Palmer said...

I was so happy to be able to watch Syd's and Maddy's game while i was there. Syd is the next shaq! she blocks out like no other! it was awesome... And Maddy is just so talanted in every sport! where do i start with her?