Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Effect of soda pop on Teeth Science Project

So back before Christmas Break Cole and 2 classmates, Josh and Randy, started a science project for their Honors Science class. Originally Cole took the idea of what happens to a nail if it sits in a can of Coca Cola. Well his teacher declined that and said to use teeth. So these boys began by asking me for any teeth I might just happen to have laying around. Thank goodness the Tooth Fairy had left a few behind. They carefully measured out the exact amount of each of the sodas. They took pictures to document every step. They measured each tooth then put the teeth in. 24 hours later they took the teeth out and took more pictures and measurements. They as I was very alarmed at the discoloring after just one day. Here is a picture of the Mt. Dew tooth before

After... look how yellow the root of the tooth is already!
Here is the A&W Tooth ( ok I hit back space and the before picture disappeared? Has this ever happened to you? I have no idea how to get the picture back without starting all over and yeah... that is not going to happen) Sorry

It is not so bad after one day.

The Squirt Tooth Before...
After... it actually appears to be brighter.
The Coke tooth before.....

After... yikes!!

Pepsi before....

After...
for those of you who know me I LOVE Pepsi! I had no idea that if left sitting on the teeth it did this!
The boys continued this process for 8 days. The Coca Cola tooth is the darkest brown and decay is evident in the root of the tooth. The Pepsi tooth is also a dark brown but slightly less decay. The Mt. Dew tooth is completely bright yellow and decay starting in the root. The A&W tooth was a light brown with little decay and the Squirt tooth remained white and showed no sign of decay. Well this is good news for all of you Squirt and A&W drinkers. As for us Pepsi and coke lovers.... Brushing your teeth immediately after consuming is a marvelous idea!
Oh, back to what I was saying at the beginning. Their Teacher shot down the nail in Coke Thesis and gave them the tooth one. Guess What? Now they can not enter the Science Fair because they used the Human teeth. The Fair would have allowed the nail project. To make things even more frustrating since they cannot be in the Science Fair the best grade they can get and did get is a "B"! This Teacher has really hit some nerves this year! I tell you what... I am finding that Some High School Teachers are on a power trip! It is extremely frustrating. These boys put in several hours and time doing this project and their final Tri-Fold poster board was amazing! They deserve an A on this project!

3 comments:

Rachelle Palmer said...

whoa! thats Knarly

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

O.K. first off for the record I will never allow anyone living under this roof of mine to drink another pepsi or coke ever! They will have to sneak it to drink it. That was awful, just awful and you know what if that's what it's doing to your teeth what the heck is it doing to the rest of your insides. That is awful!

Now about that teacher. I would be fuming mad! That is absolutely rediculous! Those boys worked darn hard on that project and that is just not right! Boy things like that really rub me the wrong way!

Marilyn Navarro said...

Hello! I'm very excited to inform everyone that I'm completely cured from my HSV 1&2  recently. I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir, and some other products and it really helped during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! from my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from a powerful herbalist and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after 15 days of using the herbal medicine. I'm here to let y'all know that herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr James herbal mix and his herbal exploit.  At least his treatment cured me completely. Hopefully it will be helpful for you as it happened with me. Dr. James herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same herpes virus or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,Backache,ementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / LOTTERY.CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: Or drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com/ +2348152855846