Sunday, May 17, 2009

Field Trip to The Portland Art Museum

I got to chaparone a group of 5th graders to visit The Portland Art Museum. It is a very interesting place. They have some very old paintings from the 15th century thru modern day on display. I am amazed at how well some of them still look after so many centuries. The quality of the oil in the paints determines how well it preserves. This is Maddy in front of the Museum. Here is Maddy and I on the bus

After the museum the kids got to attend a special presentation with Guest Speaker John Scieszka(pronounced "sheska" rhymes with freska) He is Currently the US Children's Books Ambassador. He goes all around the world and promotes childrens books and his own. His most popular book is the one I have a picture of below.

This book is hilarious! I highly recommend it to anyone!






1 comment:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I agree with you that book is absolutely hilarious! Looks like a fun field trip!