Tuesday, January 25, 2011

HAPPY 13TH BIRTHDAY MADELYNN!

Maddy turned 13 on Sunday January 23rd! It's official, another teenager in the house!
Maddy is such a joy to have in our home. She is devious and loves to pull pranks but is she also the first one to give me loves and snuggle up. I LOVE that about her.For her birthday she gets to choose what we have for meals. Breakfast, Dad made french toast. For lunch it was chicken quesadillas and dinner.....LASAGNA! Cake, CHOCOLATE of course! ( She had basketball practice too, so I took chocolate cupcakes to her team)
When it came to her gift she kept telling me that there is only one thing she wanted! A ticket to go to Hawaii this summer. I got her a CHI hairstyling iron and her own brush instead. With 4 girls with long hair, waiting their turn to use my iron is time consuming. Maddy has done well doing her own hair so I figured she was old enough to have her own and take care of it.(fingers crossed) As for the brush... Syd seems to break all of the brushes with her thick hair, can never have enough of those around.

Being that her Birthday landed on a Sunday, the tradition of taking the Birthday girl to lunch had to be pushed to Monday. Which worked out well. The Middle school had no school so her Friend Maddy Huff hung for the day with us. Panda Express and some shopping at Pacsun's clearance rack! Found Maddy a cute dress for her school dance this Friday for under $10 and for that price she got new shoes too!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY & I LOVE YOU MADDY!!!!!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday Maddy! I love the new Chi...I need one really bad!

Good job Maddy and Sydney on your medals...you girls are beautiful!

Kristie said...

Happy birthday Maddy! Crazy you are 13!!! Looks like you had a fun day.

Rachelle Palmer said...

Happy Birthday Maddy!!! I love you!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Happy Birthday to Maddy! And good job to Maddy and Sydney on doing so well in school! You and Steve have awesome kids!

I love Maddy's birthday gift also. Brilynn and I ran into this problem on Sundays, of her needing the Chi iron when I needed it. SO I broke down and purchased another one for her birthday and after my big long speech of properly taking care of her not so cheap Chi iron my iron goes out! I was like you've got to be kidding. So were down again to one iron. I guess I need to break down and buy a new another one for myself, hmmm...maybe for my birthday next month:)

Take Care,
JoLynn

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday GIRL!! I love you

~Merrill ~Millennial Preschool said...

Happy birthday Maddy! Wow, what a beautiful girl you are! Looks like a romantic fun time on your getaway!